[K12OSN] desktop resolution issue

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Tue Feb 21 20:54:33 UTC 2006

I've googled to no avail. I hope someone can help. We've built a cart
of IBM Celeron laptops which are thin (wayfast) clients off of 4.4.1
running on a P4 server with Intel i865 (iirc) video.

So far, so good. Issue is that I've tried to set the desktop at 1064 x
768 but I get a 800 x 600 resolution on a 1064 x 768 desktop - the
funky one whose edges go past the edge of the monitor. When I go to
preferences, it shows that I'm in 1064 x 768. The only fix is to choose
another resolution then go back. Then I get real 1064. However, when
the server restarts, the issue returns.

I've hardcoded 1064 in lts.conf both with and without additional
resolution info and still get the same problem. I'm sure it's something
simple but what am I missing here?

btw, we are using GNOME on kdm so we can automate login if that matters.

regards,
William Fragakis
morrisbrandon.com
Morris Brandon Elementary