[K12OSN] transparent proxying with LTSP

Luis Montes luis.montes at cox.net
Thu Feb 23 14:05:57 UTC 2006

Brad Johnson wrote:

> Greetings everyone,
>
> I am in the final stages of completing our first large LTSP lab.  In
> the past, I have been setting the proxy settings inside Firefox, but
> would prefer to do this transparently.  Does anyone have any
> experience doing this with ipchains, or any GUI-based firewalls?  What
> is your advice? I'd also prefer to redirect to an existing
> squid/dansguardian proxy that I already have, but I can live with
> setting up an additional proxy if I have to.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

What are you using for your existing proxy? I've used clarkconnect in
the past on a seperate box, but now I'm using ipcop.
Both can be setup as transparent filters, but ipcop(with the cop plus
addon) lets you schedule automatic blocklists for free.
I believe Eric has also done some dansgaurdian/squidgaurd work in k12 as
well.

Luis