[K12OSN] State Testing

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Mon Feb 27 03:29:05 UTC 2006

If everyone would click on the sales team for your area and shoot an
email stating the need for software that supports other operating
systems and browsers, I bet it will get some attention.

Following is one that I just sent to the rep for Alabama:

 Mr. Hebson,

It is being brought to my attention that some of the assessment products
that are being required in other states don't support Internet browsers
or other operating systems other than Windows.  Our state has not made
a decision to use products like this and I hope that they will not as
long as the products aren't being developed around open standards.
Please pass on to your development teams that many school systems are
using operating systems other than Windows and if they intend to
capture a larger market share, they should consider developing software
that will operate on Linux and Mac as well as Windows.  Our district is
moving at a fast pace deploying Linux and FireFox throughout our system
due to the greater reliability and ease of management that has been
experienced in our district.

Sincerely,

Ronald R. McDaniel
Conecuh County Schools