[K12OSN] LTSP Authenticating from and Mounting OSX Volumes

Ryan Collins mr.rcollins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:08:50 UTC 2006

On 2/6/06, Selzler, Bruce <SelzlerB at esuhsd.org> wrote:
> Does anyone have instructions for the reverse of this?  Our OSX server
> contains the users and the volumes.  Can LTSP authenticate to OSX and
> mount the user volumes?

That is how we do it, LTSP NFS mounts the shares that contains the
user's files and authenticates over LDAP. I wrote up instructions in
the wiki on doing this:
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Technical%3AIntegrateWithOSX

That should be enough to get you started. If you have any questions,
let me know.

For added fun you can set any XP machines to also authenticate to the
OS X server. Once that's in place you can modify it so the users
Documents folder shows up as My Documents on the XP machine. Then you
users can use any OS X/Linux/XP desktop and have access to their
documents automatically!

--
Ryan Collins
Technology Coordinator - Kenton City Schools