[K12OSN] Recommended sound card?

Hello,

I'd like some suggestions on inexpensive soundcards that work with
k12ltsp/ltsp in general.  I have a lab full of computers that just
won't produce sound no matter how I beat them, so I've decided to bite
the bullet and look to install soundcards within them. (I've got the
administration complaining about the lack of sound in linux, how they
want to convert it back to Windows to get sound, etc.)

Can anyone recommend foolproof soundcards?  The sort of machines I'll
be installing them into are machines like compaq deskpro 2000s, AST
bravo 5133/5166, and various P1 133 machines.

Or if anyone has experience with how to get those machines to produce
sound, please let me know.

thank you very much.
Joseph