[K12OSN] How to convert a server from two NICs to one NIC

What's the best way of converting a two-NIC server to a single NIC? Or more precisely, moving the DHCP service from eth0 to eth1?

I've got a two-NIC server that is having trouble using the DNS info coming from a Linksys WRT54G which is connected to the internet. Here's a crude diagram:

Internet---Linksys---ltsp server---switch---clients

            |---clients

My plan is to switch them around so the server is connected to the internet (there's a firewall in between there) and use the Linksys as just a WAP by not plugging anything into its upstream port. Not being certain I can make this work, I may have to leave the Linksys as the primary internet gateway, and just turn off its DHCP service, and let the ltsp server provide DHCP. In this case, I don't want the ltsp server to act as a gateway; rather, I'll need it to be/act like a single-nic server and still point to the Linksys as the default gateway. The server's already running and providing file and print services, so I don't want to rebuild it. If I have to go this route, I think it's just a matter of having the ltsp server's DHCP service running on eth1 instead of eth0 where it is now. Can I make that happen by just changing all the addresses using in /etc/dhcpd.conf?

Petre