[K12OSN] How to convert a server from two NICs to one NIC

Doug Simpson veewee77 at alltel.net
Sat Feb 4 17:23:57 UTC 2006

Just let the LTS server do all dhcp and set the dns in the dhcp
configuration for the DNS and let the wireless router just do it's
wireless thing and act as a switch for the wired ones.

Works great this way.

Internet---LTSP---switch---clients(wired)
                                 |---LinkSys---clients(wireless)

You will have to set an ip manually on the linksys, but set it at one
number below the LTSP and exclude that number from the DHCP range.
Leave the two NICs in the server set up just as they are. Eth0 goes to
switch andeht1 goes to internet.

Doug