Re: [K12OSN] Using clients' network boot BIOS option

Hi Petre,

I use this exclusively in my labs with no issues at all. You may need to check the BIOS to make sure there isn't a security setting that denies booting to the network (Dell has this setting, and I've got some older HP Vectra vl400's that also have this option) Once booting, you may need to configure the boot rom. On all the machines I have seen, you configure the boot room when you see the message for configuration, typically using ctrl + alt + b keys. I believe by default they are set to boot using TCP/IP. I change all mine to PXE, hit F10 to save, and they will then successfully boot with no problems at all. Hope this helps.

Brad