Re: [K12OSN] web filtering with SquidGuard

RiE wrote:
<snip>
Here's what I have:

(nph-proxy.[cgi|pl])
(nph-proxya.[cgi|pl])
(nph-proxyb.[cgi|pl])
(nph-surf.[cgi|pl])
(nph-one.[cgi|pl])
(nph-teste.[cgi|pl])

I think I did it this way so if someone had a legit script called
nph-something.pl, it wouldn't be blocked.
I have not had any false positives reported with this list.

Thanks for that - I've been trying to figure out how to block nph proxy for a while now, and none of my ugly hacks at regex worked.

One of the primary places I was finding the students were going to is www.proxy.org - it's sort of a clearinghouse for the open proxy sites. Once that's blocked, they'll have to google or otherwise search around. I found that leaving that site open, and then actually catching the kids in the act of bypassing the filter had an immediate and notable effect on behavior. Here's my trick for that:
tail -f /var/log/squid/access.log | grep proxy

Cheers,
Mike