Re: [K12OSN] Getting sound going with videos-Changing volume?

I bit the bullet and installed from source. Pretty easy actually.
The only problem is an error message saying:
<
New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong. 2 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0

Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.

What's that about? How can I fix it?

Ailso s there anyway to change the volume thru the software? I have got headphones with volume controls, but sometimes I like to use the built in speaker and it would be good be able to adjust the volume. This is true for all applications.
Shawn Powers wrote:

Krsnendu Dasa wrote:

In the gui, if I go to sound config there is no esd driver (only oss, alsa, mpg etc.) should there be?

Ahh, wherever you got mplayer from, it wasn't compiled with esd support. Bummer. You'll either have to recompile it yourself (not as hard as it sounds), or find a source with more audio support built in.

Sorry. :(

-Shawn