Re: [K12OSN] Getting sound going with videos-Changing volume?

Could you share your building information, cause we're hitting the same problems. :-)

Kevin

On 8-feb-06, at 03:57, Krsnendu Dasa wrote:

No worries. I worked it out.
There is a guide for linking the fonts in the Fedora Mplayer guide.
When using the gui there is a volume control that works. And even an eq. Cool. Now we just have to work out how to adjust the volume in programs like Tuxmath that have no volume control.

Krsnendu Dasa wrote:

I bit the bullet and installed from source. Pretty easy actually.
The only problem is an error message saying:
<
New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong. 2 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0

Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.

What's that about? How can I fix it?

Ailso s there anyway to change the volume thru the software? I have got headphones with volume controls, but sometimes I like to use the built in speaker and it would be good be able to adjust the volume. This is true for all applications.
Shawn Powers wrote:

Krsnendu Dasa wrote:

In the gui, if I go to sound config there is no esd driver (only oss, alsa, mpg etc.) should there be?

Ahh, wherever you got mplayer from, it wasn't compiled with esd support. Bummer. You'll either have to recompile it yourself (not as hard as it sounds), or find a source with more audio support built in.

Sorry. :(

-Shawn