Re: [K12OSN] 2 Questions- No volume control and TV card...

You need to let the gnome application applet know that you are using ESD or NASD.

On Feb 8, 2006, at 10:22 PM, Jim Christiansen wrote:

I've just purchased 22 HPt5515 clients for a great price of $125 each and they are new!! WooHoo.

Sooo I plugged it into my home network and with a little help form cliebow got it up pretty fast. I'm listening to cbc.ca live radio right now but can't seem to adjust the volume from the client. When I choose the volume control from the gnome applications taskbar/sound & video I just get an error on the screen: No volume control elements and/or devices found.

Is there a way to get a volume control??

I also have a TV card in this K12LTSP 4.4.2 server and wonder if anyone knows how to watch it from a client??

Thanks,, jim