[K12OSN] Connecting to a Microsoft Access DB in Open Office

I am about to set up a k12osn network in our school library, but am worried about access to library records currently in an Access DB. Connecting to ODBC seems to be a little problammatic. How do I know what to install to get the drivers functional. Perhaps there is another program I can use to translate the DB into a more linux friendly environment?

Any Suggestions welcomed!

Steve Henderson
director gctech co zw