[K12OSN] Connecting to a Microsoft Access DB in Open Office

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Feb 10 14:24:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:56:26 +0200, Steve and Khanya wrote
> I am about to set up a k12osn network in our school library, but am
> worried about access to library records currently in an Access DB.
> Connecting to ODBC seems to be a little problammatic.  How do I know
> what to install to get the drivers functional.  Perhaps there is
> another program I can use to translate the DB into a more linux
> friendly environment?

I would love to see the answer to this one.  I too have a couple of MS Access
DB's that I would like to simply convert into and Open Source database.  They
have many tables, relationships, queries, reports, etc.  I can export data and
rebuild anything else, but a simpler way would be very cool.  I have tried to
open them in OpenOffice since it seemed to have a feature to open Access, but
no luck.