Re: [K12OSN] how to create etherboot CD

Eric Harrison wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Petre Scheie wrote:

I've got a Micron desktop client that when I try to boot it with a Universal Boot Floppy starts to load the ROM image but then the screen goes grey with a few blinking characters in the center of the screen and it just stalls there.

So, I thought I'd try to get it to boot via a CD. I followed the instructions at http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~jcater/ltsp/Etherboot-On-CDR-HOWTO.txt, but when I test it on a Dell OptiPlex that IS able to boot from the Universal Boot Floppy, it starts to load the ROM image, but then its screen goes grey, the black and nothing else happens.

Has anyone managed to translate the Universal Boot Floppy onto a CD?

Petre

I hacked someone else's CD image, don't remember the exact details (it
is in the archives...).

Give this a spin:

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/eb_pci.iso

-Eric

Well, that works a bit better than my CDs: FreeDOS seems to load, and I get the screen full of dots (is this the tftp stage?), ending in 'done'. But then the next line says 'Issuing RESET:' and it just hangs there.