Re: [K12OSN] how to create etherboot CD

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 13:26, Petre Scheie wrote:

I hacked someone else's CD image, don't remember the exact details (it
is in the archives...).

Give this a spin:

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/eb_pci.iso

-Eric
Well, that works a bit better than my CDs: FreeDOS seems to load, and I get the screen full of dots (is this the tftp stage?), ending in 'done'. But then the next line says 'Issuing RESET:' and it just hangs there.

That one works for me in an old Capuccino mini-book PC.  The dots
should be the tftp part and after the 'done' you should get
something like
mknbi-1.4.0/first32.c (GPP)
Top of ramdisk is 0X07EE0000.

--
 Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com

Perhaps it's just a problem with the Dell Optiplex I tested it on. The machine this is actually for, a Micron (does Micron even make PCs any more?) is at another site, so I'll take the CD there this weekend and try it. Interestingly, I tried the PXES bootable CD in the Dell, choosing XDM at the boot menu, and it works just fine, boots up the login screen from the server in just a few seconds.

(BTW Eric, I tried to google for your original messages about the CD but couldn't find any.)