[K12OSN] Packaging vnc X11 module, Was: Geting things installed

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Robert Arkiletian wrote:

Okay I know about this. Basically, if a student logs out (or
ctrl-alt-bckspc) but not all their processes die my code thinks they
are still logged in but cannot figure out which wm they are using. So
it reports it as an unkown wm. I have fixed this in version 0.30 by
ensuring that EVERY process is killed when a user logs out and that
any existing processes left from an improper logout have to be more
than 2 (because I don't think it's possible to be logged in with only
2 processes).  0.30 should be released soon. I'm waiting on Eric to
help with gcc libraries in the LBE.

I got a lot done today, but didn't get to packaging the vnc X11
module for ltsp.

I'm not overly-optimistic that I'm going to get another big enough chunk
of time in the next week to figure this out.

If someone wants some fame and glory, here are a couple of things that
need to be done that would help Robert out with fl_TeacherTool...

1) Figure out how to build the vnc X11 extension module within the LBE.

   The source code and build instructions are included in the vnc src.rpm.
   (the vnc-server package sticks this in
    /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/vnc.so, the LTSP version would be
    /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/vnc.so...)

2) There might be a missing library as well, if that is the case it will
   need to be built in the LBE as well.

3) Once the LBE packages are created, we then need to figure out how to
   make an rpm of 'em.

-Eric