[K12OSN] Any network sound gurus out there that can help?

I just set up a prototype K12LTSP server using the <5> install CD's from the website (version 4.4.1)

I then installed the sound and utils packages from http://www.ltsp.org/ltsp-4.1.html

Next, I went into the KDE control center on the server and when to Sound and Multimedia.  I Enabled network Sound and Run with highest priority (sould buffer to 46).  Under the hardware tab I selected TOSS for the Audio Device and then full duplex.

For the lts.conf file, I added the following for the client:
-----------------------

   SOUND              = Y
SOUND_DAEMON = nasd # This can be 'nasd', or 'esd' at this time
VOLUME = 100 # Speaker & WAVE volume pecentage
MIC_VOLUME = 100 # Microphone volume
CD_VOLUME = 75 # CD Audio volume
SMODULE_01 = auto # sound chip auto detect
When the client boots though, I get the following error:

"Error while initializing the sound driver.

device /dev/dsp can't be opened (Permission denied)

The sound server will continue, using the null output device."

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?  It sounds to me like the client is trying to directly access the dsp instead of going through some sound server.

Thanks....Mike