Re: [K12OSN] Any network sound gurus out there that can help?

Still no go.  I get the same sound errors.

Mike

On 2/11/06, Calvin Dodge <caldodge fpcc net> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 12:44:33AM -0500, Mike Brzezowski wrote:
> I just set up a prototype K12LTSP server using the <5> install CD's from the
> website (version 4.4.1)
>
> I then installed the sound and utils packages from
> http://www.ltsp.org/ltsp-4.1.html
>
> Next, I went into the KDE control center on the server and when to Sound and
> Multimedia.  I Enabled network Sound and Run with highest priority (sould
> buffer to 46).  Under the hardware tab I selected TOSS for the Audio Device
> and then full duplex.
>
> For the lts.conf file, I added the following for the client:
> -----------------------
>
>    SOUND              = Y
>     SOUND_DAEMON       = nasd   # This can be 'nasd', or 'esd' at this time

Mike,

In version 4.4 I had real problems with nasd, both at home and at RMSEL
(school with 70 LTSP workstations).  After much poking around and head scratching,
I solved the problem by specifying esd instead.

So I'd suggest you try that.

Calvin
--
Calvin Dodge