Re: [K12OSN] 64 bit advantages of K12LTSP

cisna-barry wc235 k12 il us wrote
Kids are very happy with K12LTSP , after having had for three years now.
Its the teachers that are very offish on using it,it seems. I think one
thing they can not get is the Linux appliactions opening slower than
Winders, the network "seems" kinda laggy, but of course once the app has
been opened,the impending instances pop up as fast as Windows applications
open. Im wondering if the 64 bit versions, would alleviate this a bit?
Anyone care to comment?

I'm wondering if there's a "preload" package for K12LTSP out there. It's on another distro that I use, and it works wonders for application load times. True, it does add an extra 20-30 seconds to shutdown/reboot, but it'd be well worth it if it could help client apps load quicker.

Cheers,
Mike