[K12OSN] RE: Getting things installed

jconlon1 at elp.rr.com jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Mon Feb 13 15:16:56 UTC 2006

I uninstalled everything including TT and attempted to start fresh.  I
have followed all of your guidance and when I went back and checked the
rpm -qa |grep fltk. It is reporting that I have fltk-1.1.4-10.fc4
How do I get this updated to  1.1.6?
Thanks

> Okay here goes.
> Because of the setup in my classroom I am always in root which solves a
> lot of file problems that the students cause themselves.

> I am using K12LTSP 4.4.1

> I removed the old TeacherTool before I installed the new one.

The new teachertool uses a different makefile which utilizes fltk
library which comes with k12ltsp. If you installed the previous
version of TT then follow the fltk removal instructions on my site.
It's step #1. TT quiting on a mouse over maybe causes by incompatible
dynamic fltk libs. Try
#rpm -qa |grep fltk
you should see version 1.1.6
Then delete the ones you installed manually in /usr/local (step #1)

> I use nothing but Gnome and have also run into the problem of TT telling
> me that a student is using an unsupported desktop.

Okay I know about this. Basically, if a student logs out (or
ctrl-alt-bckspc) but not all their processes die my code thinks they
are still logged in but cannot figure out which wm they are using. So
it reports it as an unkown wm. I have fixed this in version 0.30 by
ensuring that EVERY process is killed when a user logs out and that
any existing processes left from an improper logout have to be more
than 2 (because I don't think it's possible to be logged in with only
2 processes).  0.30 should be released soon. I'm waiting on Eric to
help with gcc libraries in the LBE.

--
Robert Arkiletian