[K12OSN] Mac question for inet6

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Wed Feb 15 14:56:07 UTC 2006

Hello list,

I looked at the exact error messages im getting on the mac client machines.
I get the following message on mac clients that DO get the correct
video/Login screen,( the dull colored imacs) as well as the shiney imacs
machines, that video never comes up.
These errors appear right after " Entering run level 5:" in the boot process.

XServTransSocketOpenCotsServer : Unable to open socket Inet6
XServTransSocketOpen: Unable to open socket Inet6
XservTransSocketMakeAll : unable to create socket
XDMCP warning: Inet6 UDP failed
I did check to make sure i have the correct IP address edited into the
XF86Config-4.indigo file & have the /opt/ltsp/ppc/etc lts.conf file
pointing to the XF68Config-4.indigo file which I have located at:
/opt/ltsp/ppc/etc  is this the correct location for this file?

Maybe someone has run into this error message?

We are using version 4.1.1 of K12LTSP with the PPC rpm added to it

Thanks,

Barry CIsna