[K12OSN] Interesting article abount firefox memory usage

Hey guys,

there's an excellent blog entry about firefox's memory usage, and a clue at how to make it better.

 http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/ben/archives/009749.html

What's especially interesting is that their algorithm doesn't take into consideration the idea that multiple users might be running firefox on the same machine (LTSP Server), so they are caching way too many pages, and consuming way too much ram for us LTSP people.

I'm thinking that setting 'browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers' to either 0 or 1 is the

I'm still running firefox 1.0.4 on my server, and I don't see that config item in 'about:config', so maybe it's new for 1.5.

Anyway, Just thought i'd point you all to this article. It might help some.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org