[K12OSN] Linux & Lefse: The North Central Linux Symposium (NCLS)

All-
Everyone here is invited to join bunch of us from around the upper midwest for a conference we're calling the North Central Linux Symposium, to be held June 15 & 16 in St. Louis Park, a Minneapolis suburb (because that's where I live). Although the title says Linux, the focus is on LTSP and K12LTSP.

The first day, called "Tuxlabs for Schools" will be a series of presentations about K12LTSP by people from this list. The audience for this day is all the schools in Minnesota: we'll be mailing out flyers to all the public school districts and all the private schools in the state. The point is to pitch K12LTSP to those who probably just don't know about it--and hopefully grow the size of this mailing list a bit. ;-)

The second day, called "Advanced Topics in LTSP" will feature Jim McQuillan and Scott Balneaves and will be more about LTSP in general (as opposed to the first day's focus on K12LTSP). We're calling it Advanced Topics to steer the newcomers toward the first day. They're welcome to come the second day, but I don't want to have to spend a lot of time that day just explaining how LTSP works or what a distro is, etc.

BTW, if anyone would be willing to come give a talk on the second day about LDAP/Samba integration, drop me line.

Mostly, this is an excuse for a bunch of us to get together face to face, and it should be a lot of fun. But we figured we might as well do some 'evangelizing' while we're at it.

More information can be found at www.nclinux.net. The conference, like the software, is free, but you'll have to make your own eating and sleeping arrangements (we don't have a dormitory like NELS). If you plan to come, please fill out the registration form on the website which is there just to help us get an idea of how many people to expect. You can reply to me on- or off-list if you have any questions.

Thanks. Hope to see you there. And I will bring lefse at least one day. ;-)

Petre Scheie