[K12OSN] Linux & Lefse: The North Central Linux Symposium (NCLS)

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Feb 17 03:55:23 UTC 2006

All-
Everyone here is invited to join bunch of us from around the upper
midwest for a conference we're calling the North Central Linux
Symposium, to be held June 15 & 16 in St. Louis Park, a Minneapolis
suburb (because that's where I live).  Although the title says Linux,
the focus is on LTSP and K12LTSP.

The first day, called "Tuxlabs for Schools" will be a series of
presentations about K12LTSP by people from this list.  The audience for
this day is all the schools in Minnesota: we'll be mailing out flyers to
all the public school districts and all the private schools in the
state.  The point is to pitch K12LTSP to those who probably just don't
know about it--and hopefully grow the size of this mailing list a bit. ;-)

The second day, called "Advanced Topics in LTSP" will feature Jim
McQuillan and Scott Balneaves and will be more about LTSP in general (as
opposed to the first day's focus on K12LTSP).  We're calling it Advanced
Topics to steer the newcomers toward the first day.  They're welcome to
come the second day, but I don't want to have to spend a lot of time
that day just explaining how LTSP works or what a distro is, etc.

BTW, if anyone would be willing to come give a talk on the second day
about LDAP/Samba integration, drop me line.

Mostly, this is an excuse for a bunch of us to get together face to
face, and it should be a lot of fun.  But we figured we might as well do
some 'evangelizing' while we're at it.

More information can be found at www.nclinux.net.  The conference, like
the software, is free, but you'll have to make your own eating and
sleeping arrangements (we don't have a dormitory like NELS).  If you
plan to come, please fill out the registration form on the website which
is there just to help us get an idea of how many people to expect.  You
can reply to me on- or off-list if you have any questions.

Thanks.  Hope to see you there.  And I will bring lefse at least one
day. ;-)

Petre Scheie