[K12OSN] USB on K12LTSP 4.4.1 (ready to take the plunge...need the how-to)

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Tue Feb 21 15:54:16 UTC 2006

Hi David,

Ive done a couple of new 4.4.1 default installs,recently and only had to
enable the floppy access in the /opt/ltsp/etc/ lts.conf file.

RCFILE_01  = floppyd # uncomment this line

make sure you select the "U:" drive in FMtools .

Most all usb/pen drives works on the terminals providing you dont have the
first generation pentium one's (which we have several of here) that
K12LTSP/FC3-4 does not initialze the usb ports correctly. I have had a
couple of USB pen drives,cant remeber brand names that wouldnt work
correctly though? I think they were USB 2.0 spec.
Have a go at it.

Hope this helps,

Barry Cisna