Re: [K12OSN] transparent proxying with LTSP

On Feb 23, 2006, at 8:24 AM, Mark Gumprecht wrote:

I'm in the process of setting up IPCop as well. Anyone have dhcrelay working for ipcop? I'm trying to put an in-line filter with cop+ and still pass external dhcp requests. Or if some one has a better idea of how to accomplish that, I'm open. I would NAT, but it is a 1024 subnet and the middle of the school year... Also looking to get dansguardian on K12ltspEL for the labs.
Mark

Luis Montes wrote:

Brad Johnson wrote:

Greetings everyone,

I am in the final stages of completing our first large LTSP lab. In the past, I have been setting the proxy settings inside Firefox, but would prefer to do this transparently. Does anyone have any experience doing this with ipchains, or any GUI-based firewalls? What is your advice? I'd also prefer to redirect to an existing squid/dansguardian proxy that I already have, but I can live with setting up an additional proxy if I have to.

Thanks,

Brad