Re: [K12OSN] transparent proxying with LTSP

Ok guys, after a little googling, here is what I came up with. Now, before I do this, please know that I am not currently running ANY type of firewall on this LTSP box. If I create the following entry, do I need to then create additional entries to allow other types of traffic? I don't want my LTSP box to stop working because of the following rules:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INTERFACE -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to dansguardian/squid box:8080

Someone please tell me it's this easy!

Actually, it's easier. I've been running ipcop for a while here, and really you can just let 'er rip - don't bother with that ruleset. Install the advproxy and urlfilter mods for ipcop ( http://www.advproxy.net/ ), turn on "transparent mode" for the proxy, and you're golden. If you set the ports the way you have indicated, you will break pages that specifically run on port 8080...

Cheers,
Mike