Re: [K12OSN] Connecting to OSX Tiger Volumes

On Jan 27, 2006, at 12:11 PM, Selzler, Bruce wrote:

Hello Team,

I have some LTSP servers and workstations set up around our campus. One
major shortcoming of the LTSP setups here at our school is that the
students cannot use LTSP workstations to access their folders on our
OSX.4 server.

The server is setup as a stand alone server and serves volumes to
windows clients as well as Macs, and I also use NFS shares on these
servers to install LTSP on other systems.  However I can't seem to see
or mount any volumes on the OSX servers from an LTSP workstation.

What I would really like to do is have OSX server LDAP and have the LTSP
workstations use that information to log each student on so they can
mount their OSX folders and work on the files they have stored there on
their own desktop.  But I've had zero luck with that as well.

At this point I'd be happy if the students could log on to a generic
account on LTSP and open up their folders from the desktop like they do with Windoze and Macs. But I can't seem to figure out how to make this
happen.

I've read the HowTo's and I've played with this stuff until I'm blue in
the face but no luck so far.  I have the sense that I'm missing
something really basic that should be obvious, but I can't see it.

Is there anyone out there doing what I would like to do here that could
explain the process to me like I'm an eight year old?  I'd really
appreciate it.  Thanks.

- Sez