[K12OSN] State Testing

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Mon Feb 27 01:23:16 UTC 2006

Kentucky tried to pilot a program last year. Apparently the bandwidth
was way too high. Which only goes to show you that the program was
written really badly.

What really annoys me is that some of my brightest students and I
could write a program that would handle most of what they want in a
summer. Just create a Java app that downloads questions and uploads
answers when students need them (so everyone's not hitting the server
at the same time). The only challenging part is making sure that
students can't quit the program or otherwise use another program
while they're testing.

And how many millions are we spending on stuff that a developer would
do for  less than $50k and could be released as open source so that
all the states could then use it?

Todd