Re: [K12OSN] State Testing

Kentucky tried to pilot a program last year. Apparently the bandwidth was way too high. Which only goes to show you that the program was written really badly.

What really annoys me is that some of my brightest students and I could write a program that would handle most of what they want in a summer. Just create a Java app that downloads questions and uploads answers when students need them (so everyone's not hitting the server at the same time). The only challenging part is making sure that students can't quit the program or otherwise use another program while they're testing.

And how many millions are we spending on stuff that a developer would do for less than $50k and could be released as open source so that all the states could then use it?

Todd