Re: [K12OSN] transparent proxying with LTSP--SOLVED

<snip and rearrange>

Burke Almquist wrote:

> These lines even take care of access directly from the LTSP server,
> it's a slightly simpler setup with a separate machine, but this works.

Just to clarify:

My understanding is that the magic iptables transparent proxy lines will
only work if the filter is on another computer, that is, you can't have
the filter and the LTSP server on the same computer without some serious
iptables voodoo.  The reason for this is that the rule would also block
your filter (squidguard, dansguardian) from fetching pages from the
internet.

The LTSP box can be directly connected to the Internet, but the filter
can't be on the same computer for a transparent proxy setup.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben