Re: [K12OSN] transparent proxying with LTSP--SOLVED

Monday, February 27, 2006 at 4:44 PM +0000 wrote:
>The LTSP box can be directly connected to the Internet, but the filter
>can't be on the same computer for a transparent proxy setup.
>
>Is this correct?

No this is not correct....although I'm using an SME server for my filter
and transproxy....(www.contribs.org)....I have both on the same box.
Transparent proxy can only work if the server it's running on is at the
"choke point" of the network   AFAIK.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School