Re: [K12OSN] State Testing

On 2/28/06, Jim McQuillan <jam mcquil com> wrote:
On Tue, February 28, 2006 12:04 pm, Steve Hargadon wrote:
> I'm talking to Harcourt about using a customized locked-down Firefox
> LiveCD
> as an option for administering their tests.

How would that work for the thin clients?

Well, we're not talking thin client... yet.  If they can approve the LiveKiosk CD, with a locked-down firefox browser, then the next step is to get approval on LTSP.  The browser has to be locked down so the students don't have access to any other web material, which we can guarantee with the CD for an easy test.

www.K12Computers.com - (Refurbished Dell Optiplexes for Schools)
www.TechnologyRescue.com - (Linux Thin Client Solutions)
www.LiveKiosk.com - (Free WebStation Software)
www.PublicWebStations.com - (Disaster & Shelter WebStation Software)