[K12OSN] GnomeFailsafe session challenge

Alan A Hodson ahodson at elp.rr.com
Tue Jan 10 02:02:06 UTC 2006

Hi fellow enthusiasts

Several of the K12LTSP v.4.4.1 new installs and (yum) updates are
generating strange messages - in three servers I have:

"GDM_Failsafe.Gnome.desktop" warnings: "This is the Failsafe Gnome
Session. You will be logged into the "Default" session of Gnome with
no Startup Scripts run. This is only to fix problems in your
installation." Things work, but it looks poor.

Sooo... what problems are these? A lot of the older fix-files are no
longer... /etc/rc.conf, etc... Help is needed and much appreciated! I
think I am in need of some IceWM fixes also!!!

Cheers
Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
-=o=-