[K12OSN] Web software

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Jan 11 16:51:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:49:25 -0500, Sharon Betts wrote
> I am at a new district now and we need to completely rebuild our
> website. We have looked at Drupal and Joopla.  They are nice, but
> not really tuned to K-12 use.  Does anyone have anything that they
> reallly recommend? I do like the look of GVCSiteMaker -- and may go
> with it, but want to make certain we cover all the bases.

You or anyone else here might want to chech out http://www.rschooltoday.com.
They are a company grown out of my local town here and provide excellent
website services.  They may also help organize grants to cover some costs.
They use a per student costing format.  Some of our schools pay between
$300-$1500 per year in my area.  The functionality of there sites are very
complete with many usefull modules.  If you want to browse our school site you
can go to http://www.winonacotter.org for an example.  They also have many
links to some of their schools on the homepage.  It isn't free but is very nice.

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188