[K12OSN] Re: scripting advice re teachertool

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 22:07:38 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, Robert Arkiletian <robark at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Does anyone know the difference between pkill -u and skill -u  ?

Answering my own post. I did an strace on them and they do the exact
same thing in slightly different ways. However, I think I figured out
a solution. Basically log users off as before then check if that user
has any pids left in a loop and if they do then kill -9 those specific
ones again. Another solution maybe Eric's method.  Call pkill -15 on
all selected users then wait then call pkill -9 on them.
--
Robert Arkiletian