[K12OSN] questions with firefox as local app

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 06:28:48 UTC 2006

Having some troubles getting this to work.  I have local app support
set up correctly (i think). Doing 'echo $LTSP_HOSTNAME' on a terminal
returns '(none)'.  How can I fix that? So instead of using that i'm
trying 'ssh {serverhostname} TMPDIR=~/.tmp DISPLAY=$DISPLAY /{path to
firefox}/firefox'.  But I have to enter my password. How do I trouble
shoot that? At that point Firefox pops up but when I do 'top' I see it
firefox-bin like I would normally.  Is this really running locally?

Thanks so much!

Peter