[K12OSN] OT: icewm shutdown

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 22:07:18 UTC 2006

On 1/23/06, Petre Scheie <petre at maltzen.net> wrote:
> I'm just curious: Why do you want shutdown available from within IceWM?  If you're
> working at the console, at the login screen there is a shutdown option; you don't even
> have to be logged in to do it (which I think is a bit of a problem, but I assume there's
> a way to fix that).

Yes, you need to edit /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.com and play with action menu
options. Alternatively look at login screen menu under system and
disable actions menus.

As to OP's question of shutdown from IceWm at worst case make a shell
script with lines like:
#!/bin/bash
shutdown -h now

make it executable and put it in menu by editing /usr/share/icewm/menu
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux