[K12OSN] Osx mount nfs shares the desktop

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jan 24 21:16:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 14:49, Kevin Verheyen wrote:
> Op 24-jan-06, om 20:41 heeft Petre Scheie het volgende geschreven:
>
> > This is kind of a 'way out there' solution,
>
> could you explain this to me? Like to learn each day :)

On the server side:
yum install freenx
On clients (linx/windows/mac), install the appropriate NX
client from http://www.nomachine.com/download.php.
Start the client program, click the 'configure, then 'key' buttons,
paste in the text from /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key and
click 'save'.  Slide the bandwidth adjustment to a reasonable
position and click 'save'.  Fill in the login and password
and click 'login'.  This gives you a remote X desktop with
much better performance over slower connections.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com