Re: [K12OSN] Need help testing a different approach for the caching-nameserver-ltsp package

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Les Mikesell wrote:

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 15:54, Eric Harrison wrote:

There are two scenarios I have found where this breaks. One is
that /etc/named.conf has been customized but still includes the
ltsp zones. If the ltsp zones are included twice, named won't start.
The second case is that an alternate config file was already
specified in /etc/sysconfig/named. If such a customization was made,
the caching-nameserver-ltsp package should not modify it.

This happens with the caching-nameserver package with any
local modifications, not just ltsp's.  The best approach is
to not use the caching-nameserver package unless you really
don't want anything but caching (i.e. no local zones or
config file modifications.).  The regular bind package
provides caching anyway.

This is always going to be the case if a /etc/named.conf (or
alternate) is pre-configured. I don't see a way around it.

If I'm wrong, please hit me with the clue stick!

-Eric