Re: [K12OSN] disable roaming profiles samba/ldap

Friday, December 30, 2005 at 12:42 PM -0500 wrote:
>cant you simply edit oout the roamaing profiles portion of smb.conf..?
>chuck
>> Randall Swift wrote:
>>> 	I have a samba/ldap server doing my authentication and storing home
>>> directories as well as roaming profiles. How do I disable roaming
>>> profiles
>>> (setup on core 3 using the smbldap-installer script)? This server has
>>> been
>>> running for almost a year now can I just simply disable roaming
>profiles
>>> without it affecting the server? Thanks for the help.
>>>

>> We have roaming profiles too, and I'd love to learn how to disable them!
>>    They are kind of a "legacy" from the W2K server we had years ago.
>>
>> Rita Gibson
>> RMSELTech

I was thinking that you could comment out the profile section in smb.conf.
I am not an expert and did not know if this would cause any problems. I
really need to know what to do as profiles are a problem with network
traffic. I was hoping there was an easy way to do this but with few

Randy Swift
Network Administrator
Leavitt Area High School
Turner, Maine 04282