[K12OSN] update woes

ssanders at coin.org ssanders at coin.org
Wed Jan 4 02:22:02 UTC 2006

I am having complete failures on reading the repositories on a default
4.4.1 install (fresh, no upgrade). I am getting an error on the
primary.xml.gz when trying yumex also. It starts to go, and will run up
to about 10%, then fails.

[root at bofh ~]# yum list
Repository extras already added, not adding again
Setting up repositories
k12ltsp                   100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
updates-released          100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
webmin                    100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================|  48 kB
00:27
http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/4.4.1/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
[Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from k12ltsp: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.

After primary.xml.gz fails, it goes up to 100% as displayed above. I am
doing this on dialup, but I've updated LTSP for years on dialup. I have
not changed the sources.list from default from the install. I can
manually download primary.xml.gz but I don't think that helps my update
problem.

TIA