Re: [K12OSN] Re: New amer.com switch troubles

Tuesday, January 3, 2006 at 11:10 PM +0000 wrote:
>Which gig intel nic?
>
>http://support.intel.com/support/network/browsebyindex.htm#PRO1000

oooh!  One issue you might also run into....if it has a Marvell chipset
(only certain ones bother) you may also have an issue.  Is this an onboard
NIC?  Intel motherboards are now coming (often as I have some) with dual
NIC's but one is done with one chipset and the other with another.  On one
of my servers...it shows up as one being an Intel and one being a
Marvell...even though it is a genuine Intel mobo.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcsvikings org