[K12OSN] Re: New amer.com switch troubles

Eric Brown ericbrow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:59:24 UTC 2006

I would really try a cat6 cable.  They are made for faster speed
because they separate the twisted pairs so that there is less
interference.  You need a really good clean signal between the gigabit
devices in order to get the full gigabit connection.

I ended up purchasing 500ft of cat6 off e-bay to make my own.  This
cost me as much as the 20ft patch cable from most vendors.  You still
use regular RJ-45 ends.

Good Luck,
Eric