[K12OSN] suggested vendors

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed Jan 4 20:01:23 UTC 2006

Huck wrote:
> yeah it really depends on what you want.
> Aesthetics and functionality or pure functionality.
> workspace limitations? a full-on desktop might not be the answer.

If buying, disklessworkstations.  It keeps food on Jim's table, and what
is good for the LTSP is good for us.

If not buying, *please* turn to your community and get if for free.
This upcoming year, as folks believe that they *need* a new computer to
upgrade to the vista, we will be deluged by worthy clients.  Use the
money you don't spend on the kids.

With the UBF or a properly modified grub installation, you really can
use pretty much any pci NIC.

--scott