[K12OSN] Keyboard problem (again)

John Halfpenny jhalfpenny at excite.com
Thu Jan 5 12:43:05 UTC 2006

Hi Everyone,

I recently installed K12LTSP (looks very promising by the way) and got my workstation to boot, but the keyboard doesn't respond.

I've searched around for a solution but the only ones I can find seem to relate to AT style keyboards or an error which needed a fix on earlier releases of the OS (I'm using 4.4.1).

Sorry to paste configs, but I've kept it as short as I can!

Presently I've edited the lts.conf keyboard section to look like this

# Keyboards
XkbSymbols         = "us(pc101)"
XkbModel           = "pc105"
XkbLayout          = "gb"
XkbCompat          = "default"
XkbTypes           = "default"

And in a last ditch attempt to match it up to the server (as they both use ps/2 keyboards) I edited the build_x4_config file too-

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Keyboard0"
       Driver      "kbd"
       Option      "XkbRules"  "${XKBRULES:-"xorg"}"
       Option      "XkbLayout" "${XKBLAYOUT:-"gb"}"
       Option      "XkbModel" "${XKBMODEL:-"pc105"}"
EndSection

But still no joy. Anyone know of anything else I can try?

TIA

John