Re: [K12OSN] suggested vendors

Longhorns admirers and others ;-)

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the thin clients (and servers, and Boot Appliances and software and...) from Symbio-technologies... Go to http://www.thesymbiont.com/ for some of the best products, and support around... Gideon Romm (one of the partners) is a regular contributor here in k12osn... They diserve our support too.
cheers
Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
http://links.episd.org/
-=o=-

The Matsonic MSCLE boards looked pretty attractive to me at one point;
don't know if they'd work out, but they are approximately a PIII 800
equivalent machine with onboard audio, video, LAN, and CPU.  I've
never been able to test my theory, but it -sounds- like just add a $20
matx case / PS and you'd be good to go.  Caveat Emptor, YMMV, etc.

-dhbarr.

On 1/5/06, Todd O'Bryan <toddobryan mac com> wrote:
 On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 14:31 -0500, Sharon Betts wrote:
 > When you need new terminals for a LTSP installation -- where do you
 > go?

 Does anyone know of a place with instructions and guidance for people
 who might want to build their own? Also, is it any cheaper? I was
 thinking of trying to put together a micro ATX case--not as sleek as
 the thin clients you can buy that are built as thin clients, but
 pretty cool nonetheless.

 Anybody have experience with something similar?

 Todd