[K12OSN] update woes

ssanders at coin.org ssanders at coin.org
Fri Jan 6 05:27:48 UTC 2006

> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================|  48 kB
> 00:27
> http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/4.4.1/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
> [Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from k12ltsp: [Errno 256] No
> more mirrors to try.

I am still having failure downloading primary.xml.gz no matter whether I
use yum or yumex. If I select the only repository for webmin, or
macromedia (or both), it does complete (it's very small). If I select
any other repositories at all, it goes for varying amounts of time then
always fails with the timeout error. It will fail anywhere from 10% to
as much as 90%. Everything is default. I can manually download
primary.xml.gz which tends to make me think the repo path/filenames are
correct. I have cleared the cache with yum clean, no difference.

[root at bofh]# yum clean all
Repository extras already added, not adding again
Cleaning up Everything
0 headers removed
0 packages removed
8 metadata files removed