Re: [K12OSN] IceWM as default in 4.4....still need some help

Robert,

2 questions

Is this still the method you would recommend to make icewm the only option for all users?
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2005-August/msg00645.html

...And...

Will the script you sent (below) work with those changes to give only a specific UID access to Gnome?

Thanks,

Nick

Robert Arkiletian <robark gmail com> wrote:
On 8/25/05, David Trask wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I still need some help with the whole IceWM as the default in gdm on
> K12LTSP 4.4 (FC ! 4). Things have changed and you can't simply go into the
> config file and set DefaultDesktop=icewm.desktop as it won't really be the
> System Default. I've followed a couple of the suggestions earlier, but
> they either take everything away except IceWM...(I'd still like to be able
> to get to Gnome for some management stuff)

if you followed my previous post you can block everything except icewm. Hence
/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/IceWM
will be executed for everyone.
Now all you need to do is figure out your UID. Lets pretend your UID
is 500. Stick this

if [ $UID -eq 500 ];then
exec /usr/bin/gnome-session
exit 0
fi

at the beginning of etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/IceWM so you will be the only
one who gets in using GNOME.

--
Robert Arkiletian