Re: [K12OSN] first build of K12LTSP 4.4.2 64bit

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Jesse McDonnell wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:21:50 -0800
Eric Harrison <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us> wrote:

I have the 64bit version of K12LTSP 4.4 far enough along now that it
will install and boot a terminal. Still plenty of bugs to be squashed
and a few missing and/or broken packages, but the basics seem to
function ok. Needless to say, this is not production ready ;-)

If you want to play along, you'll find the ISOs at...

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/4.4.2-64bit/iso/
rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/4.4.2-64bit/iso/ .

Partitioned a fresh harddrive and downloaded the iso's to hda7. Burnt the first cd and tried to do a hard drive install. Booting with "linux askmethod" or "linux method=hd://dev/hda7/ " anaconda fails with "trying to mount already-mounted image" [harddrive.py line77]. This is
preceeded by "Error mounting file system on hda7. Device or resource busy"
Looking at the console on F3, it seems that the installer is trying to mount hda7 on /tmp/isodir (where we want it) and also on /mnt/sysimage where we don't. Is there any way around this?

I've only done two installs, both were network installs.

This part of the installer has not been modified, so it should work
exactly the same as the stock FC4 install.

I'll try a hard-drive install on my next test. (might not be for a day
or two)

Booted Knoppix 4.0.2 and used cdrecord from the command line to burn discs 2 to 6 so that I can do a regular cd-rom install. When I have to insert the 2nd disc, the installer claims it's the wrong cdrom. It appears to be burnt correctly as an image rather than a file - when
mounted it has the correct directory structure. Checked the .discinfo
file on the cd and it appears to be correct with the same information
as disc 1 except for the different disc #.

Hmmm, that's a strange one. I can't think of anything off the top of my
head that would cause this - it is almost always a problem with the
.discinfo's as you point out. I'll try to do a ISO install next round as
well.

-Eric