Re: [K12OSN] Re: cups stopping printer

> a printer without paper
> should still accept print jobs until it's mem is full, so that when

Should, indeed...

Which is why it drove us nuts for a while. There is no indication anything is misconfigured, but it still happens. If there is a better fix, we sure couldn't find it (3 of us have tried), and we certainly would be glad to hear it....

Vern

Huck wrote:
while this takes resolves the issue..it doesn't solve the problem...the printer stops for seemingly no reason at all...a printer without paper should still accept print jobs until it's mem is full, so that when the little dude who figures out to put paper in, his print jobs spews forth ;)

Vern Ceder wrote:

We've used this strategy for quite a while. While I believe enabling an already started printer is fine, I actually wrote a script to find the disabled ones and enable only those.

Here's my "cupstickle" script which we run every 5 mimutes in a cron job:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/enable `/usr/bin/lpstat -p | /bin/grep disabled | /usr/bin/cut -f 2 -d " "`
(the last two lines above should really be on the same line, there is only one line after the #!/bin/bash)

HTH,

Vern